Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Simplicity of Great Customer Service

Greetings from Shoppers, Inc.!  Hope you enjoy the article below from Mark Sanborn about The Simplicity of Great Customer Service and good customer service as much as we did.

Yesterday I got a call from a representative of Brand Direct Health about fulfilling an order I’d placed. Past experience with slow, disorganized and/or unhelpful service reps makes me look forward to these exchanges like a root canal.

I had only a few minutes before a meeting. “I’m short on time. How long will this take?”

The customer service rep said, “Less than three minutes.”

He confirmed what I’d ordered. He answered a couple of my questions concisely and completely. Then he asked for my billing and shipping information and confirmed that all the information I provided was accurate.

Two minutes later he told me my order would be on the way.

There was nothing unusual or spectacular about the brief exchange. What was refreshing was how quickly and easily it took place. No hassle. No fuss.

In the age of complexity, simplicity rules.

Don’t over complicate things.

Your organization should aspire to the simplicity and power of customer service done well.

Mark Sanborn, CSP, CPAE is president of Sanborn & Associates, Inc., an idea studio for leadership development. He is an award-winning speaker and the author of the bestselling books, The Fred Factor: How Passion In Your Work and Life Can Turn the Ordinary Into the Extraordinary, You Don’t Need a Title to be a Leader: How Anyone Anywhere Can Make a Positive Difference and The Encore Effect: How to Achieve Remarkable Performance in Anything You Do. His book Up, Down or Sideways: How to Succeed When Times are Good, Bad or In Between was released October 2011. To obtain additional information for growing yourself, your people and your business (including free articles), visit www.marksanborn.com.


Share your thoughts on our blog here or Facebook page.

Follow Shoppers, Inc. on

No comments:

Post a Comment