Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Positive Team

A few weeks ago we released The Positive Pledge which has now had over 10,000 people share it. As I was reflecting on the pledge I started thinking about all the teams I work with and the negativity that sabotages them. I realized that most of us are part of a team whether it's a work team, school team, sports team, family team, etc. This inspired me to write a Positive Team Pledge for those who want to be their best and bring out the best in their team. Feel free to also share it with your youth sports team, high school team and/or work team.

I pledge to be a positive leader who sets the example for my teammates through my positive attitude and actions.

I promise to share positive energy and encouragement with my team.

I will not be an energy vampire nor will I sabotage myself and team with negativity, complaining and excuses.

When I make a mistake I will own it and seek to improve.

When I'm not performing well I will stay positive and strive to get better.

When I experience self-doubt I will remember a time when I succeeded.

When I feel fear I will choose faith.

When I face adversity I will find strength.

When my team experiences a defeat I will choose to stay positive and prepare to achieve another victory.

With hard work, determination and faith, I will never give up and will always help my team move forward towards our vision and goals.

Today and every day I will be positive and strive to make a positive impact on my team.


- Jon Gordon

Share your thoughts on our blog here or Facebook page.

Follow Shoppers, Inc. on

No comments:

Post a Comment