Monday, December 19, 2011

Rewarding Employees for Good Feedback

One of the biggest questions I get from clients is, “How do I get my staff to “buy-in” to new training, skills and motivators?”  The brief article below gives you some ideas to use.  You must emphasize the importance of any new program from top management down; if the staff senses that not all management supports or is serious about change, they won’t be either.  It doesn’t cost much to reward/recognize staff.  And the average employee cares about recognition most…so you don’t have to spend a lot, just make sure you recognize those who do well...loudly AND proudly.  That motivates staff more than anything else. 

I hope this snippet gets you thinking about ways and ideas for your situation.  I’d love to hear how you reward/recognize/motivate staff…we welcome your comments.


Rewarding Employees for Good Feedback.

After beginning a training program for our people, I asked for feedback on how we could make the training more effective. At first the group responded with blank stares and benign comments like, “It was just great!” I wanted more, so I offered an incentive for them to give me their ideas. When I received one good idea, I presented the individual with a coffee shop gift card in front of his peers. The group took note, and they understood that I was serious about the training and making it the best it could be for all involved.

By - Stan McBroom, Security Plumbing, Arvada, CO

Share your thoughts on our blog here or Facebook page.
Follow Shoppers, Inc. on
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment